Advertisements

Tom Hardy Reportedly Fired From Paramount+ Series ‘MobLand’ After Two Seasons Amid On-Set Issues, Sources Say

Tom Hardy has reportedly been dismissed from the Paramount+ series MobLand after two seasons, according to sources.

The actor’s exit allegedly followed “on-set issues” involving executive producer Jez Butterworth, 101 Studios, and other members of the production team, sources told Variety on Friday.

A separate report from Puck News claimed that Hardy, 48, was frequently late to filming during Season 2, regularly offered script notes, altered dialogue, and expressed frustration with the ensemble cast, which includes high-profile actors such as Helen Mirren and Pierce Brosnan.

Tom Hardy in "MobLand"
Tom Hardy has been fired from the Paramount+ series “MobLand,” according to Variety and Puck.
Tom Hardy
Sources told Variety that Hardy—seen at the “Havoc” premiere in 2025—was let go from the series over alleged on-set issues.

The outlet further reported that Hardy’s behavior allegedly led executive producer Jez Butterworth to nearly exit the project, which ultimately prompted Paramount to terminate Hardy from the show.

Representatives for Hardy, Butterworth, 101 Studios, and Paramount+ have been contacted for comment, Page Six reported.

Hardy starred in MobLand, a crime drama executive produced by Guy Ritchie, playing Harry Da Souza, a fixer for a London crime family.

When the series premiered in spring 2025, it set a Paramount+ streaming record as the platform’s biggest global series debut ever, drawing 2.2 million global views, according to a press release.

Tom Hardy and Paddy Considine in "MobLand"

Hardy—seen alongside Paddy Considine in MobLand—was allegedly frequently late to production, provided ongoing script notes, and made changes to dialogue, according to reports.

Pierce Brosnan and Tom Hardy in "MobLand"

Hardy—pictured with Pierce Brosnan in MobLand—was also reportedly upset about the show’s ensemble cast.

Season 2 wrapped filming in March, according to Variety, though a premiere date has not yet been announced.

The series has also not yet been renewed for a third season.

Alongside Brosnan, 73, and Helen Mirren, 80, the MobLand cast includes Paddy Considine, Joanne Froggatt, Lara Pulver, Anson Boon, Jasmine Jobson, Mandeep Dhillon, and Daniel Betts.

Season 1 concluded with Hardy’s character being accidentally stabbed in the chest by his wife Jan (Froggatt), though executive producer Jez Butterworth later clarified exclusively to The Post that Hardy was not being written out of the series.

Joanne Froggatt as Jan Da Souza and Tom Hardy as Harry Da Souza

Hardy—pictured with Joanne Froggatt in MobLand—wrapped filming on Season 2 in March.

"MobLand"
Hardy plays Harry Da Souza, a fixer for a London crime family in MobLand.

“No. We’re not gonna — we love Harry. We love Tom,” Butterworth insisted in June 2025.

At the time, Butterworth added that he hoped the series would continue “to run for as long as it fascinates and delights and stimulates an audience.”

Hardy previously told Esquire that he signed on to MobLand because it allowed him to flex “different muscles” in terms of his acting range.

Advertisements
You May Also Like

When She Was A Child, She Was Spat On Because Of Her Ginger Hair, But Look At Her Today

When she grew up, people spat on her and called her ”ugly…

Foster Mother Abuses Her Adopted Daughter At Restaurant While Favoring ‘Real’ Son One Guest Has Had Enough And Does The right Thing

Most foster families care for and love these needy children like their…

A Performance Of “My Way” By Elvis Presley Proves He is The King

Elvis Presley is one of the greats, there’s no denying that. But this…

Foster Child Surprised When Couple Says They Want To Adopt Him After Spending 11 Years in Foster Care With 15 Families

Alex was 3-years-old when he first went into foster care. He went…