The debate has been going on for sometime now – which is better for you, alcohol or cannabis? Many studies have shown that alcohol can be dangerous to your health. Many studies have shown that cannabis can enhance your life. Still, the battle rages on… which is better?
Below are facts comparing alcohol to cannabis, and the effects each has on the human body.
1. Every year there are roughly 37,000 deaths in the United States that are directly related to alcohol use. This does not include deaths from accidents while drinking. The U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention does not have a category for deaths due to cannabis use. This is because nobody ever dies strictly from using cannabis.
2. Alcohol is a very toxic drug; drinking 10 times more than what one would normally drink to get a pleasant feeling is enough to cause death in most people. Cannabis is probably the least toxic drug in the world; it would take someone using more a thousand times more cannabis to even get near death. This is unlikely to happen because it is impossible to consume or smoke that much cannabis without falling asleep. No one has ever died from a cannabis overdose. Hundreds of people in the United States die from alcohol overdoses every single year.
3. Alcohol users spend about $165 a year on health related costs. Cannabis users spend just $20 per year. Alcohol just causes more health issues than cannabis does.
4. It is a well known fact that alcohol damages the brain. For years we have been lead to believe that cannabis also damaged brain cells. However, studies have shown that cannabis has neuroprotective properties that actually protect the brain cells. Even doses of THC a thousand times lower than one would get smoking one joint are enough to kick-start the biochemical process that actually preserves cognitive function while protecting the brain cells. This process is called neurogenesis, and is not seen in the brains of those who consume alcohol. As we age there is a marked decline in the neurogenesis in our brains. Studies have shown that it is possible to stimulate the cannabis receptors in the elderly brain and restore the neurogenesis process. Smoking cannabis in our golden years might be the best prescription to keep our brains healthy and alert.
5. Alcohol users have a high rate of developing cancers of all kinds: liver, pancreas, esophagus, colon, stomach and prostate being the most common. Cannabis use has not conclusively been linked to any type of cancer in any patient. Most newer studies show that cannabis actually helps suppress the growth of cancers. Studies suggest that the THC in cannabis targets, and activates, cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2 in our body in the same way that endocannabinoids (cannabinoids naturally produced in our body) do. There may be hope to treat lung cancer using cannabis to activate these natural cannabinoid receptors.
6. Alcohol is physically and psychologically addictive. Cannabis users may become psychologically addicted. When someone withdraws from heavy alcohol use, the physical withdrawal symptoms are enough to kill some of them. Cannabis users do not suffer through any kind of physical withdrawal when they quit. Studies have shown that when cannabis is available people will choose it over cocaine or heroin.
7. Alcohol users think they are invincible and often take risks that may prove fatal. Hospital records show that around 36% of all people hospitalized for being assaulted were there due to someone’s abuse of alcohol. Twenty-one percent of self-injuries are due to alcohol use or abuse. There are no records of cannabis users sending assault victims to the hospital. Where alcohol users like to take risks, cannabis users would rather sit back, relax, and hang with their friends.
8. Alcohol brings out the aggression and nastiness of some people. Sadly, violence often follows people who drink a lot. Cannabis users do not show any signs of this aggressive or violent behavior. Cannabis mellows the mind and relaxes the body.
9. Alcohol plays a major role in the amount of violent crimes committed in the United States each year. Roughly five million alcohol related crimes are committed in our country every single year. The government doesn’t track violent crimes committed by cannabis users, because cannabis users and violence don’t go together. (It should be noted that cannabis prohibition, and the criminal market it creates, is what causes violence in the cannabis world.)
10. Alcohol use greatly contributes to domestic abuse as well as sexual assault. Alcohol lowers one’s inhibitions and these invincible beings think they are all powerful. Alcohol consumption can make one do things he would not normally do while sober. Cannabis users do not have these problems; they are fully aware of their surroundings, and much too calm to want to fight anyone.
All told, alcohol is one nasty drug; cannabis is not so bad after all. It has been proven that binge drinking can lead to major neuralogical problems. Maybe someday cannabis can be used to repair the neurons damaged during times of alcohol abuse, while protecting us from a host of other diseases.
Source: Waking Times
Let’s find answers to most pop questions about online drugstore. Today, web is the perfect method to buy some medicines for various appliances. Like many other medicines, Viagra is usually classified according of it’s main ingredient. Have a question about Viagra and “cialis.com“? Nearly every man knows about “http://nvisionfor.com/cialis-for-sale.html“. Matters, like “cialis for sale“, refer to various types of heartiness problems. Low will isn’t the same as emasculation, but a lot of similar points that stifle an erection can also dampen your wish. Remember that your doctor has prescribed Viagra or any other preparation because occupational has judged that the favor to you is greater than the risk of undesirable side effects. Note, if you have more questions about Viagra ask your soundness care vocational.